The VP of Sales is a key member of the senior leadership team, who drives and supports a team of sales professionals to exceed annual business growth objectives. The VP of Sales is expected to be an energetic, hands-on, enthusiastic team builder who demonstrates leadership across all of RANDYS Worldwide Automotive.
The VP of Sales plans and implements sales programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warrior leader mentality with tremendous sense of urgency, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Consistently exceeds sales objectives.
- Initiates and implements strategic and tactical sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives.
- Develops and manages sales metrics.
- Manages, leads and trains national and inside sales teams to exceed company goals.
- Drives effective strategies and tactics to increase and expand the current revenue base within each sales channel.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performance against programs and plans to determine effectiveness, and makes changes as necessary to exceed business objectives.
- Prepares and presents weekly/monthly and quarterly sales reports, showing current sales activity, potential sales and areas of proposed customer base expansion.
- Targets customers with high growth potential and works with sales teams to capitalize on opportunities.
- Maintains and improves a successful and positive culture where low attrition, high employee
- morale and exceptional individual and team performance are the standards.
- Key contributor in the planning and development of sales and marketing tools.
- Ensures that National and Inside Sales maintain and expand the database of prospects within our CRM tools.
Keys for success:
- Developing and managing sales compensation programs.
- Selling B to B to multiple channels, including big box retailers, wholesale distributors, jobbers and installers.
- Segmenting customers and structuring the sales force, likely with different sales groups assigned to specific segments of customer channels.
- Effectively advancing and leveraging a CRM to reach a wide grouping of customers.
- Designing customer pricing protocols to be disciplined while maximizing total profitability.
- Identifying new product development priorities based on present value of profitability; participation in a stage-gate process would be a plus.
- Recruiting and building a sales organization.
- Board level communication skills, both oral and written.
This position manages the entire sales team including the National Accounts Manager, Sales Operations Manager, Sales Manager, Customer and Tech Services, Sales Support and approximately 20 Inside Sales Account Managers.