This role reports into the Managing Director Business Development Japan who is responsible for both institutional and wholesale distribution activities in Japan, maintaining existing and new relationships with potential distribution partners and following up on concrete wholesale distribution opportunities of significant size. The successful candidate will also support him in the wholesale distribution activities.
M&G has ambitious plans for expansion into the Japanese market with currently a primary focus on institutional business, and, to this end, is seeking to recruit a high calibre individual to sustain and grow its business development efforts in Japan. This is a tremendous opportunity to be involved in the asset management activities of a successful international investment manager.
* Answering straight forward client queries in the absence of the relationship manager * Joining regular meetings with prospects in Japan and co-ordinate follow-ups * Co-ordinating the schedule for prospects visiting London or Singapore (introductory/due diligence)
* Assisting sales team in preparing presentations for prospects including research * Assisting sales team with coordinating/ monitoring follow-ups after prospect meetings * Working with RFPs (including Japanese / English translation) * Maintaining our CRM database with client meeting notes/docs and updating of client contacts * Assisting with ad hoc data & analysis requests re our investment capabilities * Assisting in sales/coverage planning and maintaining management information on the overall institutional business
* Liaising with and maintaining good relationships with various departments in our London headquarters to facilitate our activities. * Communicating with other M&G offices (such as London) where most of the investment teams are located for the sales support function, and working with other sales support staff in Singapore and Hong Kong to secure co-ordinated communication with London.
What we are looking for
* Good written, verbal and listening skills in order to process potentially complex requests. * Can-do attitude and ready to assume broader assignment where necessary * Proven team player with a flexible and pleasant nature, and common sense * Self-starter * Detail- oriented * Good organisational skills: ability to prioritise, multi-task, work under time pressure and meet deadlines * Eagerness to learn new areas of investments
Skills and knowledge
* University degree required (Finance or Economics major preferred if possible) * International experience (academic or professional) * Previous work experience (preferably in asset management industry if possible) * Fluent in both oral and writing in Japanese. Strong level of English is required * Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Word
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.